Kirkcowan School was built in 1862 and originally consisted of two classrooms and a hall. Over the years the school has been extended and now consists of a gym and four class bases made up of three primary classes and a nursery. We enjoy good links with our local community and work closely with our partnership school, Wigtown Primary School.
Kirkcowan is an area about 15 miles in length, and from nearly two to nearly seven miles in breadth, comprising 30,580 acres, of which 7000 are arable, 300 woodland and plantations, and the remainder meadow, pasture in Machars, Wigtownshire, in the District Council Region of Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland, with the village of Kirkcowan, bounded on the east by the river Bladnoch, on the west by the river Tarff, and is 6 miles W. by S.W. from Newton Stewart.